Slow Cooked Polish Sausage, Cabbage and Potato Soup
photo by the_lyall
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 2 small jacket potatoes (fist sized, would fit in a mug)
- 1⁄2 lb medium-course Polish sausage (I use half a pack of Torunska)
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄2 cabbage
- 2 reduced salt chicken stock cubes
- sprinking garlic
- sprinkling parsley
- sprinkling black pepper
- Wash and dice the potatoes (no need to peel unless it's how you prefer them) and place them at the bottom of the slow cooker/crock pot. Two small potatoes approximately 450g total weight.
- Slice the sausage length ways and then cut into slices. I personally slice them in half again so the pieces are roughly the same size (or slightly larger) than the diced potato. Put the sausage on top of the potatoes in the pot.
- Finely dice the onion and add that on top of the sausage.
- Chop the cabbage and add that on top of the onion.
- Season with garlic, parsley and plenty of cracked black pepper. Don't add salt as the amount of salt coming from the sausage can vary.
- Prepare the chicken stock to make up 1 litre (the stock cubes I use are 1 cube per 500ml so I mix two) and pour the stock over the other ingredients. Again, I use reduced salt stock cubes. You can always add more salt later.
- Cook on high for 6 hours, medium for 8 hours or low for 10 hours (based on Morphy Richards slow cooker). Stir half way through to ensure everything gets a good 'submerging' or if you can't then closer to the finish time is fine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!