1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Aussie mum 2_2's Note:
Poffertjes are traditional Dutch cakes, a bit similar in texture to American pancakes. Poffertjes are cooked in a special cast-iron pan with several small shallow indentations in the bottom. They are usually served as an afternoon snack, not as a breakfast food, and often served with icing sugar. I'm posting this in honour of the Aussie/Kiwi World Tour as we are visiting Europe and didn't see this on Zaar. I haven't tried this yet but am going to go and buy the special pan in the Cleveland Market tomorrow and will try them out. Found the recipe on "Back to your roots".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the milk until lukewarm.
- 2Mix the salt with the flour and make a well in the middle.
- 3Mix the yeast with a little lukewarm milk and pour this into the well, together with 2/3 of the rest of the milk.
- 4Stir to a thick, smooth batter. Add the rest of the lukewarm milk (keep stirring!).
- 5Cover the batter with a dampened cloth and leave in a warm place (for instance on a radiator) for 1 hour.
- 6Grease a special poffertjes pan with butter.
- 7Fill each of the ‘wells’ of the pan with some of the batter and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- 8Serve the poffertjes hot with butter and caster sugar -- enjoy!
- 9I enjoy them with butter, icing sugar and then a little maple syrup, that's how they serve them here in OZ. yummmm.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poffertjes (Tiny Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 20.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 20.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g