Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Po'e (POH-eh) is a popular fruit pudding found at all traditional Tahitian tamara'a barbeques.
Make and share this Po'e (Tahitian Fruit Pudding) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Puree the bananas in a blender or food processor. It should yield 4 cups.
- Mix the brown sugar and arrowroot or cornstarch together. Add in the vanilla and combine with the bananas and process well. There should not be any lumps of starch. Adjust the sugar to your liking.
- Pour the mix in a buttered 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the pudding is firm and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Once chilled, cut into cubes and place them into a large serving bowl or in individual bowls.
- Top with a dollop of coconut cream and a little more brown sugar and serve.