Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a ridiculously easy poached salmon recipe.
Make and share this Poached Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- black pepper or peppercorn, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill (or fresh dill to taste)
- Put water in a poaching dish or pan -- add enough to partially cover the salmon.
- Add lemon juice, black peppercorns, and salt, then mix.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, and add salmon.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove salmon and drain.
This was really easy and the fish turned out tasty. The directions didn't say what to do with the dill so I threw it into the water too. I was surprised to find that such a small amount of dill gave so much flavor. I will absolutely use this method again and plan to try other types of fish fillets.