1 hr 57 mins
1 hr 42 mins
Perch is a delicate freshwater fish found in most lakes in Switzerland. Called Egli in German-speaking regions and perche in French-speaking regions, perch is served with a variety of herb sauces. Found this recipe in Easy Menu Cooking the Swiss Way, by Helga Hughes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water
- 1 whole leek, washed, greens chopped and white bulb sliced
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 pieces perch fillets, fresh (about 1 pound) or 4 pieces perch fillets, frozen and thawed (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white flour
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 dash white pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1To make poaching liquid, combine water, leek greens, pickling spice, and salt in a medium-sized pan.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Turn heat to medium low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4Rinse fish fillets under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 5Place fillets in a large frying pan, top with cooked leek greens, and pour 1 cup of poaching liquid over fish.
- 6Cover and allow to simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- 7Scrape leek mixture from fish, remove fillets using a slotted spoon, and place them on a large serving platter.
- 8Keep platter of fish in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- 9Pour liquid from the pan through a fine sieve and reserve clear stock only.
- 10Place butter in a medium-sized pan over medium-high heat.
- 11Add white parts of leek and saute, stirring constantly until leeks are golden.
- 12Add flour and stir until flour is light brown.
- 13Add 1 cup of reserved fish stock, dill weed, and pepper.
- 14Stir to blend well.
- 15Remove from heat, add sour cream, and blend.
- 16Pour sauce over fish fillets.
- 17Optional: Sprinkle with chopped tomato pieces.
Browse Our Top Perch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Perch Fillets (Filets De Perche)
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 357.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: