Golden Puff of Perch
- Ready In:
- 1 lb frozen perch fillet
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- Thaw and separate the fillets.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste, dot with butter.
- Bake at 450F for 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg white until stiff and fold in the mayonnaise.
- Spread the egg mixture on top of the fillets and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and puffed.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was my first effort at cooking Perch. I followed this recipe and found it to be very good. It was easy to prepare, quick and looked lovely when I served it. However we found the Perch to be too bony, difficult to eat, but when we did finally get a mouthful of Perch it was delicious. Maybe the secret is in the fileting of this little fish, maybe we did not do it correctly. Maybe someone has some instructions on how to do this without getting skin and bones into it. I served it with fresh green beans, boiled new potatoes and cucumber sour cream salad.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is me on the beach (at sunrise) from a southern vacation a few years ago. After loosing more than 50 pounds I am not so shy about bathing suits, beaches or pools as I used to be.