2 hrs 20 mins
Better than the stuff you buy in the store.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 lbs ripe peaches or 2 lbs ripe apricots, pitted and sliced
- 2 lbs plums, pitted and sliced
- 4 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 dried hot chili peppers, crushed (take out seeds if you like)
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half (around 6 inches long)
- 1Roast and peel peppers.
- 2Remove seeds and set aside.
- 3Simmer peaches and plums with 2 cups of the vinegar until fruit is tender-about 30 min.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5In another large pot combine the remaining 2 cups vinegar, sugars and corn syrup.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Add the fruit mixture, bell peppers and remaining ingredients.
- 8Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 9Remove lid and simmer for 1 hour.
- 10Stir occasionally.
- 11Remove the cinnamon sticks.
- 12Puree mixture in a food processor.
- 13Return to pot and bring to a boil.
- 14Boil until thick-around 15 min.
- 15Ladle into hot sterile jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- 16Process in a boiling water bath 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Plums Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (4412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.1
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 625.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 150.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 132.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g