1/1 Photo of Plum Bread Pudding
This is a comfort food recipe from The Jewish Exponent 10/11/12. I love plums and I love bread pudding so together this was a culinary hit. I made it with Italian Plums, but it can be prepared with well drained canned plums. I made it with soy milk but don't tell DH.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 cups challah, dry, crusts removed and cut into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes (about 8 thick slices)
- 6 plums, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional at my house
- 1 quart milk
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 -4 tablespoons damson plum jelly (can substitute other fruit jelly)
- 1Preheat 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Spray a 4 quart ovenproof casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Place bread cubes,plums and raisins(if using) in casserole dish.
- 4Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
- 5Pour over bread cube mixture.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Swirl jelly through mixture.
- 8Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until set.
- 9Set warm.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.3
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 133.3 mg
- Sodium 107.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: