Recipe by AnneMeansGrace
I got this recipe from a Russian classmate who brought it for a potluck. It is delicious, filling and cheap and the whole family likes it.
- 2 lbs rice
- 2 -4 carrots (depends on size)
- 1 -2 onion (depends on size)
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄2 lbs beef
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (separated)
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef to cubes approximately 1 inch.
- Fry with 1/4 cup vegetable oil (about 15-20 minutes).
- Separately grate carrots and fry it slightly 10-12 minute.
- Cut onions and fry.
- Put meat, onions and carrot in layers in the pot.
- Add 1/4 cup vegetable oil, let it boil.
- Add 1 cup of water, let it boil approximately 20 minute.
- Rinse rice with cold water and make layer above previous layer.
- Add salt and enough additional water to just cover rice, let it boil.
- Cover with lid and put in the oven for about 50-55 minutes at 350°F.