Recipe by Brenda.
I found this while searching for African desserts- It sounds good. I'm guessing at the quantity this will make.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
WONDERFUL TASTING FRITTERS, these are & easy to make, too! I actually got only 11 of them from this mixture, but then, I also used a soup spoon instead of a teaspoon, 'cause that seemed like such an insignificant amount! Anyway, big or little, these are definitely a treat! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed while touring Africa on the Zaar World Tour 4]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large plantain
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and.
- salt; set aside.
- Peel plantain and slice into two inch chunks.
- In a blender container combine plantain, milk, egg and cooking oil.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and blend.
- Carefully drop one rounded teaspoon into deep hot oil heated to 375°F
- Fry fritters, a few at a time, for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until done, turn once. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar if desired.