Plantain Fritters (Andre' Style)
The best breakfast dish you'll ever get your hands on. It's simple to make and tastes real good. It's one of those meals you can grab on the go or even use for lunch or a snack. You can even jazz up the dish by adding your best topping like pancake syrup.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion (optional)
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons water or 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 big plantains, sliced
- Prepare pot/skillet for frying the fritters.
- Combine all the batter mixture together and whisk until well blended.
- (Slice plantains to your desire. I slice my plantains round, similar to potato chips--just be careful not to do them too thin).
- Dip plantains into the batter, allow the extra mixture to run off. Fry until each side is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Tried this in 2009 and again today. I guess we just aren't plantain people. My eldest liked them this time, but my middle child and myself couldn't finish them. They smelled great cooking! I'm not putting a rating because I don't think it would be fair seeing as how it's the food item itself rather than the recipe that we're having difficulty with. Thank you so much for providing an easy recipe for us to try a new-to-us food!!Reply
Wow, all I can say is wow. I love plantain's and this is an awesome recipe. Really enjoyed the addition of the minced onions and vanilla in the batter. They were wonderful, crisp and tender, sweet and flavorful. Thank you so much for sharing my new favorite plantain recipe. I will be making this one again and again. I can't wait to make this for my family.Reply