Recipe by Skinny Mini
This is our favourite plain sandwich bun recipe. My mom’s been making this buns for 35 years and she still gets rave reviews.
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 4 cups lukewarm water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt (level)
- 14 -15 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in 1 cup water.
- Let stand until yeast rises to the top.
- Sift the flour.
- Dissolve 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons salt in 4 cups lukewarm water.
- Add vinegar and oil.
- Add to flour.
- Add yeast mixture and mix well.
- Kneed dough until smooth.
- Let rise for 45 minutes in warm oven.
- Punch down and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Punch down and form buns.
- Let rise for 2 hours.
- Bake at 400 for 10 to 12 minutes.
- **Buns may be stored in the freezer until ready to use**.