A once a month recipe that is great for picnics or nights when the family has to eat in shifts. They can be eaten warm or cold.
- 1 loaf frozen French bread dough or 1 loaf italian bread dough or 1 loaf all purpose bread dough
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 cups italian tomato sauce
- Thaw dough; roll it into 14 x 24-inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Brown ground beef or turkey; stir in remaining ingredients except Italian tomato xauce.
- Spoon filling evenly onto dough, slightly pressing filling into dough.
- Roll dough lengthwise like a jelly roll, and cut into 24 1-inch slices.
- Treat 2 rimmed cookie sheets with nonstick spray; lay slices on sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Let roll-ups sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool roll-ups and freeze in 4 1 gallon bags, 6 per bag.
- Slip a 1 quart bag with 1 cup sauce into each bag of pizza roll ups.
- To prepare, thaw roll-ups and warm them in a preheated 400°F oven for 10 minutes or put them frozen in the microwave; heat on high for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with warmed Italian tomato sauce.