Tuna Spinach Orzo Salad
photo by Jessybean79
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup pasta water
- 10 ounces solid white tuna packed in water
- 3 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces crumbled feta
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook orzo according to directions, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Add drained orzo to a large bowl and mix in white wine vinegar, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic.
- Gently fold in spinach and tuna - breaking up any larger pieces but not destroying it.
- Add reserved pasta water and remaining extra virgin olive oil to desired consistency. I usually use all of the pasta water and about 1/8 cup oil.
- Add dill and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in feta using as much or little as you like. We love the saltiness this gives the dish so I use the full 8 ounces, sometimes more.
- Enjoy for lunch or dinner. This is also great to take to work for lunch as it doesn't necessarily have to be refrigerated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!