Recipe by Fairy Godmother
I make 4 batches of these and freeze for the kids to take to school for lunch. These are so cheap to make and they taste great. You can use the dough to make mini pizza also.
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup fine diced onion
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix yeast with 1 cup of flour. Add all the rest of the ingredients and beat well.
- Knead in the rest of the flour. I am not sure of the amount of flour here as I do it by feel of the dough. The dough should be soft and elastic, not too dry.
- Let rest 15 minutes.
- Cut into 10 balls and roll out into 6" circles.
- Top with equal amounts of sauce on half of the circle leaving 1/2" at edge clear for sealing purposes.
- Add your choice of fillings. I love pepperoni, mushroom and cheese. Pinch edge well to seal.
- Prick tops and you can also brush with an egg wash mixture.
- Bake on cookie sheets at 350' for 30-35 minutes.