Recipe by bmcnichol
These are part of my OAMC rotation. My kids love these. I normally double this recipe as they go fast at my house.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Clever and fast to make! Perfect for kids. I'd add more spice to the meat or sauce for adults. These would be better for dinner (with a fork) - not sure about them as a party appetizer. I only needed 1/4 cup sauce; it wouldn't have stuck together well with the full half cup. I pressed the bottom of a shot glass into the muffins to make the hole for the cheese.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- additional pizza sauce (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the egg, pizza sauce, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning.
- Fold beef into mixture and mix well.
- Divide meat mixture into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Press mixture into bottom and up the sides.
- Fill center with cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 15-18 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve immediately with additional pizza sauce and cheese if desired.
- Or cool, place in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen pizza cups:.
- Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Heat in microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with additional pizza sauce and cheese if desired.