Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
The pita makes the sloppy joe, not so sloppy, but just as tasty.
Make and share this Pita Sloppy Joe recipe from Food.com.
- Place ground beef, shallot and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until beef is evenly browned.
- Drain off any grease.
- Stir the salsa, ketchup, mustard, vinegar, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce into the beef mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat to a simmer over low heat, and cook until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently to prevent it from burning on the bottom.
- Spoon the mixture into the pita shells.
- Top with lettuce if you like.
This is a different sloppy joe recipe and I'm not talking about the pita. The salsa does all the difference in the filling. This is not too sweet like some sloppy joes I tried. This is just perfect. Thanks Pink Diamond :) Made for Newest Zaar tag