Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple recipe sure to please kids and grown-ups. My dad made this often in our household of 6 kids while I was growing up. He got this from my grandma. Takes simple ingredients and is a fun unforgettable dinner. Now that we are all grown up ourselves, the tradition continues.
- 12 hot dogs (approx depending on preference)
- 1 cup onion, chopped and softened in
- 1 (1 1/2 liter) can tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard (or bottled)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 450 g spaghetti
- Prepare spaghetti as directed on box. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add all other ingredients together and cook on stove until weiners are plump (and they will plump up!).
- Serve over the spaghetti loading with sauce and lots of napkins.