Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Horseradish gives this succulent pot roast just a hint of zesty flavor. From DiabeticLiving.com
- 907.18-1133.98 g boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 59.14 ml water
- 14.79 ml yellow mustard
- 4.92-9.85 ml prepared horseradish
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml cold water
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place meat in slow cooker & top with onions.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, the 1/4 cup water, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper; pour over meat and onions.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer meat and onions to a serving platter. For sauce, transfer juices from cooker to a small saucepan. Skim off fat. In a small bowl, stir together flour and the 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir into the mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Serve with meat and onions.