Recipe by momstar
My family loves this recipe after trying many different ones. When I'm short on time I use canned beans and just add the rest of the ingredients, I cook the bacon up when using canned beans. ENJOY!
- 453.59 g dried pinto bean
- 4 slice bacon or 4 slice salt pork
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1892.0 ml water
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean beans and wash well with water.
- Put beans in large pot, add water.
- Bring beans to boil and let boil for 1 hour.
- Check closely, as beans cook, you will probably need to add more water.
- Run tap water until very hot before adding to beans.
- Add bacon pieces and cook another 45 minutes.
- Add spices and reduce heat to low and cook another 20 to 25 minutes.