Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
The most amazing French toast that you will ever taste. Note: this may be prepared a day ahead of time, covered with plastic wrap, and stored in the refrigerator, just remove the following morning, and bake as directed. For best results slice bread 1-inch thick.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml firmly-packed dark brown sugar
- 283.49-425.24 g canwell-drained crushed pineapple with juice (reserve 1/4 cup juice)
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 59.14 ml half-and-half cream
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 8-9 slice bread (or more)
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Set oven rack to middle position.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in the brown sugar until dissolved.
- Add in the drained crushed pineapple; stir well to incorporate.
- in a bowl, whisk together eggs, whole milk, half and half, reserved 1/4 cup pineapple juice, salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Lightly grease baking dish.
- Spread pineapple/brown sugar mixture evenly over bottom of dish.
- Dip the bread slices into milk/egg mixture, and arrange in one layer on top of pineapple mixture (use as much bread is need to cover the pinapple, more than 9 slices may be needed for this).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bread is golden.
I love upside-down pineapple cake and this breakfast is almost like this. Next time I'll add marashino cherries :) Thanks Kit :) Made for Newest Zaar Tag.