1/1 Photo of Pineapple Upside-down French Toast
The most amazing French toast that you will ever taste. Note: this may be prepared a day ahead of time, covered with plastic wrap, and stored in the refrigerator, just remove the following morning, and bake as directed. For best results slice bread 1-inch thick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3Set oven rack to middle position.
- 4In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in the brown sugar until dissolved.
- 5Add in the drained crushed pineapple; stir well to incorporate.
- 6in a bowl, whisk together eggs, whole milk, half and half, reserved 1/4 cup pineapple juice, salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
- 7Lightly grease baking dish.
- 8Spread pineapple/brown sugar mixture evenly over bottom of dish.
- 9Dip the bread slices into milk/egg mixture, and arrange in one layer on top of pineapple mixture (use as much bread is need to cover the pinapple, more than 9 slices may be needed for this).
- 10Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bread is golden.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Upside-down French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.9
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 147.9 mg
- Sodium 639.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 9.8 g