Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Refreshing after a meal
- 6 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 lemons, juice of (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in lemon juice.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer just until thickened, fold into milk mixture. Fold in pineapple.
- Pour pineapple mixture into freezer conatainer of a 1-gallon hand turned or electric freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt and let stand 1 hour before serving.