Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Haven't tried this as yet, but I imagine that the calories and fat content could be cut down with several ingredients. It came from a cookbook that I got via our Breakfast Swap.
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 lb cottage cheese, small curd
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄8 lb unsalted butter, melted
- 14 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- Cook noodles following package directions. Beat together all other ingredients except pineapple and raisins until smooth and creamy.
- Add drained pineapple and raisins and mix with noodles. Pour into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- This can be frozen.
The flavor is terrific!, but because it didn't cook thru completely, I added baking time. It's tricky to find the exact timing without having the pudding dry out. Obviously, I couldn't get the timing right because my pudding came out dry. It got wonderful comments from guests, and I will make it again. Maybe trying different amounts of the ingredients will solve the dryness problem