Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an Indian inspired kebab recipe that's quick, easy, and oh so tasty! Best used with chicken, although beef or shrimp may work well also. If grilling meat kebabs only, skewers may be prepared ahead and soaked in marinade to be brought along to potluck BBQ dinners, picnics, etc.
- 3 chicken breasts (chicken thighs, beef or shrimp may be substituted)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- pineapple chunk
- red pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- If using wooden kebab skewers, soak in water to prevent burning while grilling.
- Cube chicken.
- Mix all Marinade ingredients.
- Add chicken to marinade. Refridgerate for at least 2 hours, but the longer the better.
- Skewer the meat. If using veggies as well, skewer a mix of veggies and meat on each skewer.
- Grill 10-15 minutes while basting kebabs with remaining marinade.
This is a great marinade for poultry! I put together the marinade in the morning and marinated turkey breast steaks all day, then for dinner simply panfried them for about 10 minutes. My husband was impressed with how tender and juicy they were. The pineapple flavor was not strong and the spices were good. Just as a safety thing: I've heard that using the marinade (which was in contact with the raw meat for a long time) to baste onto the cooked meat is a bad idea. Probably not a big thing, since it's all on the surface, but I discarded the marinade anyway. I'll definitely use this again!