Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A non-alcoholic drink that will refresh you on a hot summer day. An island favorite adapted from a recipe posted on the About.com.
- 6 tea bags
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (to taste)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 5 tablespoons pineapple juice (to taste)
- of fresh mint (to taste)
- of fresh mint, garnish
- pineapple, garnish
- Place tea bags and sugar in a 2-quart pitcher.
- Add 4 cups of boiling water.
- Steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags.
- Steep fresh mint leaves in tea for at least 3 minutes.
- Remove mint leaves.
- Add lemon juice, lemon slices and pineapple juice.
- Fill the pitcher with cold water.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with pineapple and fresh mint leaves.
Made this over the weekend as one of two different beverages for our Memorial Day Wkend BBQ. The family LOVED it! It was nearly gone in no time! It had a naturally sweet flavor, without tasting sugary or overpowering. We will definitely be making this again and again. Marisk, mahalo plenty!
This is a very nice and refreshing iced tea! I used Lipton decaf tea bags. 3 lemons made 2/3 cup juice for me. The recipe doesn't say the amount of mint leaves to steep in the hot water so I used 2 whole sprigs. I doubled the pineapple juice and sugar. Made for PAC Spring 2007.