Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fried rice recipe that uses Jasmine Rice, with fresh shrimp added.
Make and share this Pineapple Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 large red chile, finely slivered
- 2 sprigs cilantro, coarsley chopped
- 2 cups fresh shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- cilantro (to garnish)
- Prepare rice according to package directions and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, onions, chili and cilantro, mix and set aside.
- Heat 1 TBL oil in skillet, saute shrimp until done, remove shrimp from skillet.
- In same skillet, over medium heat, add remaining oil and saute garlic until golden brown.
- Add cooked rice and stir.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar, stir and heat thoroughly.
- Fold in pineapple mixture and shrimp.
- Heat through and serve, garnished with cilantro.