Pineapple Fried Rice
A spicy version of fried rice. Good with any meat main dish. I always use low sodium soy sauce whenever I cook -- much less salty!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, use more if you want it spicier
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup, drained
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion, including green tops
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat until hot.
- Add garlic, ginger and red pepper, cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add rice and soy sauce; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add pineapple, tossing to combine.
- Heat rice through. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I didn't use ginger since we had none on hand, and i doubled up on the red pepper. Other than that I followed it exactly and it turned out well. I added some cooked and diced chicken near the end to make it a full meal. I've never been much into fried rice, but I will make this one again. Gotta love a simple recipe like this!!!Reply
This was our first attempt at home made fried rice and it turned out really well. We made exactly as directed, although we would definitely suggest adding more garlic and ginger. It isn't too spicy at all, as I have a highly sensitive dislike for the hot stuff, but I could easily handle the 1/8 teaspoon, and maybe even more We added a pound of medium cooked shrimp to our dish and it was great. I can't wait to make it again and try some variations.Reply
What great fried rice! This is so simple, but has terrific flavour. The crushed pineapple adds a bit of sweetness that goes so nicely with the spice and salt. I often make fried rice similar to this with mushrooms and green pepper, but somehow this has a lot more flavour. I have served it with chicken and with spicy stir fried beef strips. It went great with both! I will use this recipe again and again!Reply
see 8 more