Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This super-simple recipe came from a vegetarian friend. It was served with Thanksgiving dinner as a side dish; however, I thought it was sweet enough to be called dessert (just top with non-dairy whipped cream). Appropriate to serve with pork, chicken or turkey. It would be pretty & delicious for a brunch. You will never know it contains bread cubes.
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 15 slices white bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add bread cubes to casserole.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in pineapple (with juice) and cranberries.
- Pour over bread cubes.
- Bake for 1 hour.
This is a wonderful side dish, and it definately helps if you have a sweet tooth. Yummy!!
This stuff is awesome!
THIS IS SERIOUSLY amazing! Everyone who I have made it for is shocked by how delicious it is! I can't believe it's still a secret!