Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
From Microwave Entertaining
Make and share this Pineapple Chutney (Microwave) recipe from Food.com.
- remove the peel and core from pineapple, cut into 1/2 inch chunks.
- put pineapple and brown sugar in a 2 quart microwaveable casserole dish, cover tightly with plastic wrap turned back slightly on one side.
- microwave for 3 minutes on high.
- then mix corn starch and vinegar in a small bowl until combined.
- stir into pineapple mixture.
- add remaining ingredients.
- cover and cook again 8-10 minutes, stirring after 4.
- set aside or chill, can be served room temp or chilled.
After purchasing three bad pineapples in a row, I decided to go with canned pineapple chunks ~ Will do this up again in a month or so with some nice fresh pineapple! Instead of the jalapeno, I used a milder green pepper, & still, this chutney was very tasty, & I was pleased with the results! Served it up with pork the first time around! It's great as a dip, too! Definitely a keeper! [Made & reviewed as a bonus tag in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]