Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy skillet dinner to try.
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 celery ribs, cut into strips
- 2 onions, quartered
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in syrup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut each chicken breast in half, cut across width of each half into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- In a bowl, stir chicken and next 3 ingredients.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, in hot oil, cook vegetables until tender-crisp; remove.
- In drippings over high heat, cook chicken mixture until tender, stirring frequently.
- Return vegetables to the skillet, add pineapple with syrup, vinegar, and salt.
- In a cup, stir water and cornstarch, add to skillet; cook until sauce is thickened and smooth, stirring.
This did not go over well at all. Apparently my husband doesn't like sauce in his stir fry till it's almost done. Also, it called for vinegar, but vinegar isn't listed anywhere in the instructions. Taste was unspectacular. Couldn't get the sauce to thicken. It was just one of those dinners that didn't work for us.