Recipe by Juenessa
This is a very moist cake and very simple as it uses two jars of carrot baby food instead of fresh carrots that need to be grated!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 (6 ounce) jars carrot baby food
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- additional chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the oil, eggs and baby food; mix on low speed until well blended.
- Stir in pineapple and nuts.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla and confectioners' sugar until mixture reaches spreading consistency.
- Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- Garnish with nuts if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.