Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is slightly adapted from Linda Majzlik's 'A Vegan Taste of the Caribbean'.
- 12 ounces pineapple (chopped)
- 4 apples (peeled and chopped, use more or less depending on the size of the apples and what feels right)
- 4 ounces onions (peeled and chopped, use more if you really like onion)
- 4 ounces raisins
- 3 ounces brown sugar
- 7 ounces light malt vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all ingredients in a large saucepan, stir and bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered for about 35-40 minutes, until the chutney is reduced and thickens. Stir frequently!