Recipe by Lainey39
If you like pierogies, you'll like this version.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
This was a great dish and the whole family liked it. It came together easily and seemed like it was ready in no time. I followed the directions except that I made my own potatoes. I also baked them covered at 350 for 20 minutes then baked them, uncovered, at 425 (the temperature that I needed to cook my fish) for 12 minutes. I wish I would have read the reviews or thought to use sauteed onions instead of onion flakes. I will definitely try that next time. And there will DEFINITELY be a next time! (Served with Recipe #220366 and green beans)
- 25 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (32 ounce) packagerefrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place mashed potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes, stirring once.
- Add the minced onion, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese until blended.
- Stuff into shells.
- Place in ungreased 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.