Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Better Homes & Gardens, this is easy and tasty! Cook time is chill time.
- 2 cups sliced radishes (8 oz.)
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges and separated
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Slice radishes by hand or use the slicing blade of a food processor. Place radish slices and onions in a large bowl or crock. In another bowl stir together vinegar, sugar, and salt until sugar is dissolved. Pour over radish mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight before serving. (Radish mixture will have a very pungent aroma.) Makes 2 cups.
Very good as it is, but because I've made this recipe before, I changed it up a bit...added sliced carrots to the radishes & onions. I also added crushed red pepper to play off the sweetness. Some oregano, dill seed and mustard seed to finish it off. We pack all veggies into a large jar then fill with the vinegar/spices mix.
My I borrow some of your pickled radishes? Why certainly! Everyday conversation, right? Surprisingly good.
So pretty and so tasty! I've made these several times now and they never last long. Stinky, yes, but also delicious!