Recipe by Ruth Tisdale
Pickled Okra truly can be a delight way to enjoy some good nutrition. Slightly crispy. Zippiness with the pepper.
Top Review by Rowdy Duke M.
I am a first time okra pickler/canner. I used a recipe that was similar to some of the ones here. I followed the instructions to the letter, and my okra came out horrible��it was slimy and tasteless.. any help and advise is greatly appreciated. �� T
Directions See How It's Made
- Add, mustard seed, salt, garlic, pepper into each pint jar.
- Wide Mouth Jars are the best.
- Pack Okra points down in jar.
- Cover with boiling vinegar mixture.
- Vinegar mixture= 1 quart vinegar and 1/2 quart water.
- DO NOT BOIL EXCESSIVELY.
- Boiling vinegar for extending amount of time will cause it to loose its acidity.
- Seal jars.
- Process in boiling water bath 10 min.
- Wait 6 weeks to eat for the best flavor.