24 hrs 25 mins
24 hrs 15 mins
You can add jalapenos to this recipe to make it hotter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash peppers-cut two slits into each pepper and place in a large glass container.
- 2Dissolve salt in 16 cups water and pour over peppers and then let stand 12-18 hours in a cool place.
- 3Drain peppers, rinse and drain again.
- 4In a large stainless or enamel pot combine 2 cups water with the vinegar, sugar, horseradish and garlic.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 7At this point every window in your house should be open.
- 8Remove garlic cloves.
- 9Pack peppers snugly into a hot jar to within 3/4 inch of top rim.
- 10Add boiling vinegar mixture to cover peppers leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- 11Seal and process 15 min in a boiling water bath.
- 12Cool for 24 hours and check seals.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Banana Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (4845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21271.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g