Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is even better than the real Jello! using juice in place of water will intensify the flavor even more, for orange jello use orange juice etc --- for sugar-free use a sugar substitute in place of sugar --- you will need to experiment with the the amount of sugar to suit you taste, my family likes it sweet so I use 1 cup you may wish to reduce amount to 3/4 or slightly less --- have fun with this and choose different flavors :)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons knox unflavored gelatin (1-1/2 envelopes)
- 1 cup water (cold or room temperature) or 1 cup juice (cold or room temperature)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (6 g) unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix (choose any flavor, 1 small envelope)
- Place 1 cup cold water into a heat-proof bowl or cup; sprinkle 1-1/2 tablespoons knox gelatin over the water, then whisk vigorously until combined.
- Add in boiling water, sugar and Kool Aid; whisk until no granules remain.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Wow! This is the best Jello ever! I had one package of Knox that's been sitting in my cupboard for a long time. I was browsing the site to find something to do with it. This was perfect! I used a cup of orange Koolaid (instead of water) in addtion to the packet of orange Koolaid. (I thought about mixing flavors, but I really like orange.) It came out orangey delicious! My boyfriend thinks it's super sweet, but I think it's perfect. (He has to water down Koolaid as it is.) Thanks so much for posting this great idea!
i love jello and this is so cool what a great thing to be able to pick your favorite flavors, Kitty you have the best ideas, this set just perfect its better than boxed, thank you.
Am a jello lover from way, way back, so I can tell you that after trying out this recipe (used orange along with some mandarins), this is a GREAT RECIPE! And, think of the flavor combos with it! Definitely a recipe I'll keep on hand! Tagged, made & reviewed just for the 'halibut!'