Pomegranate (or Cranberry) Gelatin
A new flavor of gelatin :) Prep time is for using prebottled pomegranate juice, and does not include chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cold pomegranate juice or 2 cups cranberry fruit juice (or juice blend)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup sugar (depending on juice tartness)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (I use Knox brand)
- Heat 1 cup fruit juice in small saucepan until it just simmers, do not cook for any length of time.
- Turn off heat and stir in sugar, if using.
- Place remaining 1 cup cold juice in a medium bowl and sprinkle with gelatin, stir, let sit for 2 minutes and stir again.
- Add warm juice to cold juice, stir, and pour mixture into an 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Refrigerate until firm (about 4 hours), and cut into cubes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
First of all, I have been enjoying Cranberry Jell-o for lunch for 23 years. Unfortunately, I can no longer locate it. I tried this using Cranberry Juice, but, I found the flavor very weak. I decided to to try it with Frozen Cranberry Juice Concentrate that I found at Kroger. I only add enough water to bring it up to 2 1/4 cups. (The amount used to make Jigglers) . It turn out wonderfully. I would highly recommend this. Now I'll see if I can find Frozen Pomegranate Juice!
Wow! I made this with pure, unsweetened cranberry juice, and so I used 1 cup juice and 1 cup water, which is what I heated. Since it was unsweetened, I used 1/3 cup sugar. Since I had also had some pure unsweetened wild blueberry juice, I made a blueberry jelly too. (I used 2/3 juice, 1/3 water for that one, and 1/4 cup sugar.) Soooo good and refreshing.