Mom's Thanksgiving Cranberry Jello Mold
A MUST for us! A neighbor in Omaha had given this to my Mom in the early'60's and she has made it every Thanksgiving since. Now I make the holiday, so I make the mold! It's very easy. Keep in mind that this has walnuts just in case you have guests who are allergic to nuts. Enjoy! *You can make this 2 days before serving so I will make it on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and keep it in the mold in the refrigerator and just unmold it before serving.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 (3 ounce) packages Jello gelatin, black cherry flavor
- 2 cups water, hot
- 1 cup water, cold
- 2 medium red apples, peeled, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- parsley sprig, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, dissolve the packages of jello in the hot water.
- Add the cold water and the cranberry sauce. Blend well and chill.
- Before mixture sets, add apples, celery and nuts and mix well.
- Pour into a jello 3 cup mold sprayed lightly with a vegetable oil.
- Chill until it sets and invert on a plate when ready to serve. You can garnish with parsley sprigs.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is very much like the Cranberry Jello Mold I had every Thanksgiving growing up. My Mother passed away in 2007 and a lot of her recipes and things disappeared. I followed the recipe as written with the exception of using raspberry Jello. It is Tuesday before Thanksgiving and I just put the mold into the frig to completely set. It is delicious. The apples, celery and walnuts really enhance this recipe. Thank you so much. I will continue to use only this recipe...2Reply