Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, easy, healthy and tasty!
- 6 ounces no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons homemade chili powder (, Recipezaar Chili Powder)
- 1 -2 habanero pepper, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- In electric blender or food processor, combine tomato paste, vinegar, water, chili powder and habanera peppers with seeds.
- Pour into storage container.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill and serve.
If you dont have habaneros available to you, 2 red chilis should provide about the same heat as 1 habanero, and were plenty hot enough for me. Pincante is a straightforward enough sauce, and this recipe captures it quite well. I suggest adding the chopped produce to the blender and smoothing it with a pulse or two. Lastly, I submitted an edit on the yield because the recipe as posted yields 4+ cups compared to the 2 cups originally listed.
I just made this for my husband,and it was "GREAT" THANKS