Recipe by Sami D
Well i love to cook this all the time. My mother used to make it alot when we were younger. Its easily adaptable to make for a large number of people. And different veggies can be subtituded to your taste. We usually had this dish with red rice on the side. Tip: If you want less fat simply boil the ground beef and drain out the fat it releases along with the water. In reality i do this all the time so i feel less guilty about eating seconds and thirds. The serving size may be different if you like me have a husband that sizes dont matter and he could eat the whole pot if i placed it before him
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, chop in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup onion, chopped (i use yellow onions)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon or 2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 1⁄3 cup salt-free tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep skillet brown ground beef. (Or boil it to easily remove the extra fat it releases when its drained.).
- Add the chopped onions to the beef (after drained) and saute them so the edges are transparent on the onions.
- Add the water, tomatoe sauce, bouillion. Here is where you taste test it. Add more bouillion and tomatoes sauce to taste.
- Add the potatoes and corn mix well and cover. Stir contents to assure they dotn stick to the pan. Add more water if it evaporates too fast.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through its done. Enjoy with rice on the side if you like or as a one dish meal.