Recipe by Transylmania
This is a great Latin American sweet and spicy ground meat dish. It's great served plain with rice and beans, but also can be a filling for empanadas or tacos. and is EXCELLENT in baked pasta dishes like baked ziti ot lasagna. The list of ingredients is long, but it is quite simple to prepare.
Top Review by godbreathed01
Hi Transylmania!! Loved this recipe. It will forever be out taco meat recipe. The raisins make it really great. We also loved it for a topping for salad. with rolls. I read through all your recipes; they are certainly creative and from diverse parts of the world. I look forward to trying many others in the months to come Thanks Judy in WA
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green chilies, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 4.92 ml goya brand adobo seasoning
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml oregano
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 473.18 ml tomato puree
- 29.58 ml raisins
- 29.58 ml slivered almonds
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, minced
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or a Dutch oven heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, chiles, and garlic. Saute until the onions are soft and transparent.
- Add the beef and the seasonings. Cook until the beef is brown and crumbly, about five minutes.
- Add the wine, tomato puree, raisins, and almonds. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally until almost dry (you do want SOME sauce), this will take about 30 minutes.
- Add herbs and enjoy.