Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
If you like cream cheese this recipe is for you! Chocolate is added to the filling for a topping. If you decide to omit the bananas, just add and extra teaspoon of vanilla to the filling. Taken from Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate square, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Bring water and margarine to boil.
- Add flour and salt; stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms ball.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Drop ten 1/2 cupfuls of dough on lightly greased cookie sheet to form 9-inch ring.
- Bake at 400 degrees, 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately; cool.
- For filling and topping:.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
- Reserve 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture; fold whipped cream and bananas into remaining mixture. Chill.
- Carefully cut top from ring; fill with whipped cream and banana mixture. Replace top.
- Add remaining sugar, chocolate and milk to reserved cream cheese mixture; mix well. Spread over ring.
I've been making this recipe for years and absolutely love it. The family gets excited when I make this. Easy and delicious!