1/6 Photos of Pf Chang's Coconut Curry Vegetables
Wish I Could Cook's Note:
This is a copycat recipe from PF Chang's China Bistro. It's my favorite dish there, and while my dining room lacks the ambiance...this dish is still excellent at home!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 12 ounces package extra firm water-packed tofu
- 1 small onion, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup whole sugar snap pea
- 1Drain the tofu, cube and fry in 1 tbsp canola oil until brown. Set aside. (See this thread: http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=170177) I recommend freezing the tofu first to firm up the texture.
- 2Separately blanch or steam the broccoli, carrots and sugar snap peas until tender-crisp in plain boiling water.
- 3Heat a wok or wide skillet over high heat until hot. Add 1 tbsp canola oil, swirl to glaze the pan, then add the onions and bell pepper. Stir-fry until tender-crisp, 3-4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and stir until hot, a few minutes more. Add the blanched vegetables and and tofu. Toss to mix.
- 4Combine the coconut-curry sauce ingredients. Taste and adjust the sugar to your liking.
- 5Add the sauce to the pan with the veggies. Bring to a simmer, tossing to combine.
- 6Dissolve the cornstarch in 1 1/2 tbsp of water and add to pan. Stir until the sauce turns glossy, about 10 seconds (a bit longer if you're doubling the sauce).
- 7Add the peanuts.
- 8Serve with rice, noodles, or a warm loaf of bread.
- 9Use a milder or hotter curry powder to vary the spice.
- 10For a really saucy dish to serve over rice or noodles, double the sauce ingredients and the cornstarch mixture.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pf Chang's Coconut Curry Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.8
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1093.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: