- 6 tablespoons pesto sauce (I used store-bought)
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna in water, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- 4 hard rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the pesto, mayo, tuna, and tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the tuna mixture on the bottom half of the rolls and top with a slice of cheese (I used hoagie rolls; this is enough filling for four large sandwiches).
- Broil until the cheese is slightly browned.
- Top with optional lettuce and the other half of the bun.