Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from "Take a Tin of Tuna" by Joie Warner.
- 6 tablespoons pesto sauce (I used store-bought)
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna in water, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- 4 hard rolls
- Combine the pesto, mayo, tuna, and tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the tuna mixture on the bottom half of the rolls and top with a slice of cheese (I used hoagie rolls; this is enough filling for four large sandwiches).
- Broil until the cheese is slightly browned.
- Top with optional lettuce and the other half of the bun.
Really good sandwiches!!! We used cheddar cheese and no tomoatoes just as our preference though! We will eat these again!
Great recipe. Easy to make and tasty. Great warm and surprisingly decent the next day slightly warmed in the microwave too. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed it.
This was very good. I really liked the flavor the pesto sauce gave the tuna. I only used 3 tablespoons and that was plenty for me. I also used a Mozzarella & Cheddar cheese mixture which was what I had and it worked well. I used recipe #290750 for the hard rolls, but I think the hard rolls would have been better. Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook tag game. :)