Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Crunchy on the outside and chewy delicious delight in the center! I made up this recipe one day -craving a sandwich- and somehow I came up with this! It is very filling and makes a perfect lunch.
- 1 tablespoon 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon low-fat cheese
- 1⁄2 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 large mushroom (sliced) (optional)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Butter one side of bread and place in non-stick frying pan.
- Put cheesy spread on bread and put other slice of bread on top.
- Turn the stove element to medium heat and fry until bread below is medium brown. Fip to darken the other side.
- Serve with veggie sticks.