I can't keep chicken salad in this house....the family loves it so much!! This is a real treat when I make them.
- In a medium bowl, stir chicken and pesto together.
- Stir in bell pepper and salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer lettuce, onion and cheese on bottom half of each foxaccia square.
- Spread each with about 1/2 cup chicken mixture and top with another piece of focaccia.
- To serve, halve each sandwich diagonally.
- TIP: Some prepared pesto is drier than others, so if chicken mixture appears dry, stir in the Tbs. of olive oil.
Fabulous! I used yellow pepper, added a little roasted garlic mayo to the pesto & chicken, used spinach instead of lettuce, and served it on plain wheat bread since I didn't have an focaccia. This was a last minute decision for dinner, just to use up some leftover rotisserie chicken. Will make again for sure!
After seeing Cookiedogs picture I had to make this sandwich. I, too, halved the recipe with great success. This was one very filling sandwich. I couldn't get any provolone cheese and so I used mozzarella instead. These were delicious. Thanks!
This is a welcome change to the traditional mayo chicken salad. I reduced the recipe to 2 servings and used 1 6inch square piece of herb focaccia bread and cut it horizontally. After I filled the sandwich, I cut it on the diagonal. This 1/2 recipe made 2 very filling sanwiches. The olive oil from the pesto gave the focaccia great flavor. This is going into my cookbook!