Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from R. Reisman. Made these on the grill. Mmmmmmm! Delicious!
- 453.59 g extra lean ground beef
- 59.14 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 59.14 ml finely chopped green onion
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 59.14 ml pesto sauce
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- Mix the beef, bread crumbs, green onion, basil, 1/4 cup of pesto, egg and garlic by hand and shape into 5 burgers.
- Grill or sauté until done, about 7 minutes per side.
- Serve the burgers with the remaining 1/4 cup of pesto.
I too made these with ground turkey and they were delicious!!! These are exceptionally good if you use ground sirloin with sundried tomato pesto also. I served mine on the new multi-grain flatbreads with leaf lettuce and tomato. Yummy.
These were great! I used extra lean ground turkey but followed everything else as written. The recipe calls for 1/4 cup of pesto and the instructions ask for an additional 1/4 of a cup pesto? I used a total of 1/2 cup. It was delicious so I think that I made it right. I made these into sandwiches and added sliced provolone and tomatoes to it. It was a mouth full! :) Thanks so much for posting!!
These were great! I love pesto so I knew I was bound to love these! Made for Easter Egg Hunt Tag Game.