Pesto Feta Burger
Delicious burger made with Pesto and Feta cheese.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce (prepared)
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 -2 egg (depends on fat content of meat, leaner meat requires 2 eggs)
- 1⁄4 onion (chopped)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- olive oil
- Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl, cover and let rest for at least 15mins. (You can also let rest in the fridge covered until ready to use but bring back to room temp before next step).
- Separate into 4-6 equal parts depending on how large you want your burgers.
- Roll each part into a ball then form into patties. (A pattie press does wonders for this step).
- Heat grill to 275-350F internal air temperature.
- Using a silicone brush lightly coat grill with Olive Oil to keep burgers from sticking.
- Cook burgers to desired doneness and let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
WONDERFUL!!!! DH was a little hesitant in trying when he saw the pesto and feta but he ate two burgers. I used fresh minced onion (probably more than normal) some fresh minced garlic (not much because I used more in the fresh pesto I had made) and less than a cup of feta cheese crumbled and 1 egg. I let it sit in the fridge for about 1 hour before grilling on a Forman Grill. Definately going into my Favorites of 2011. Thank you for submitting the recipe. Made for FALL PAC 2011.Reply
Great Burger!!! With a little variation. I used ground turkey breast and low-fat crumbled feta. I didn't have an onion, so I used garlic powder instead. Topped it with tomato sauce. My husband, who has had a lot of burgers in his days, just said, "Well, THIS is about the best burger I've ever had. Anyone who says they can't eat well and healthy at the same time is full of it!" LOL TWO THUMBS UP!!Reply
see 3 more